|Theme from Capsule'|
17th February, 2011
Theme from Capsule (also Main Theme from Capsule and The Spaceman's Theme) is the main theme from the 2011 Wingless Films production Capsule, and was created by Tom Menary. It is also the name of the second track on the Capsule soundtrack, which presents a suite version of the theme.
The theme was composed in January 2011, and is heard throughout Capsule and in related tracks. A brief rendition first appears as part of the film's "Wingless Sting", then the first three notes are played briefly in the "Eyes Open" cue—and again to close "Pretty Far Out". It is notably used for exterior effects shots of the capsule in "If You Could See (Sitting in a Tin Can)" and "Message Aftermath (Space Transition)".
A brief variation is heard halfway through "Feeling Very Still (pts. 1 & 2)", and another opens "There's Nothing I Can Do", which also contains a full statement towards the end. A gentle, piano version closes out "My Spaceship Knows Which Way to Go", and two versions on strings and guitar comprise the unused cue "The Spaceman (An Ending)".
- Capsule (soundtrack)
- "Wingless Sting for Capsule"
- "Eyes Open"
- "If You Could See (Sitting in a Tin Can)"
- "Something Wrong"
- "Pretty Far Out" (minor)
- "Feeling Very Still (pts. 1 & 2)" (minor)
- "There's Nothing I Can Do"
- "My Spaceship Knows Which Way to Go"
- "The Spaceman (An Ending)" (unused)
- "She Knows (Post-Credits Scene)"
- "Far Above the World" (minor)
- "The Spaceman's Theme"
- "A Most Peculiar Orbit" (unused demo)
- "Space Wail"
- Capsule: Additional Music
- Short Fussing (as "Main Theme from Capsule")