15th March, 2011
Protected is the original score to the unmade Wingless Films production Protected. Composed by Tom Menary, the soundtrack was never used, though released as part of the Unreleased Demos collection in March 2011.
The score contains two primary themes; the Love Theme, which was created for the film and reused in several other projects, and "The Protector", or "Hero Theme". This theme was intended to connect the husband with the enigmatic "protector" figure; Track Three introduces the theme as a bold, heroic fanfare, while "Husband's Return" was to have played the motif in a softer setting when the husband returns home to comfort his wife.
- "Domestic Montage (with Love Theme) extended" [1:11]
- "Husband Departed / Walking" [0:47]
- "The Protector" [0:51]
- "Husband's Return" [0:49]
- "Hero Theme for End Credits" [1:15]
- "The Protector (without intro)" [*] [0:37]