- «You have fulfilled your mission. You may rest.»
- ―Togh to Merzhel Chek'at[src]
The Apneok were a species of humanoid beings responsible for a colony program on various uninhabited worlds. They employed a cadre of genetically-engineered, disposable scouts to survey planets before colonization.
- «I do not understand.»
- ―Merzhel Chek'at to Togh[src]
Notable words and phrases from the Apneok language:
- A'pek — 'what is the time/schedule?'
- A'rum — 'what is your status?'
- Ala'mos ton phan — 'I extend my congratulations'
- Apnea — 'Soul's Rest'
- Brella — 'going' / 'leaving'
- Brella-mot — 'going-from'
- Dos vim — 'complete' / 'done'
- Holmoc — 'habitable'
- Ke — 'no' / 'negative'
- Ke dut getmek na'brel — 'I don't want to go'
- Ke-ok — 'am not'
- Ke-ok doj yet — 'I do not understand'
- Kyen'i tak — 'under-sky'
- Merzavak — 'Scout Vessel'
- Merzhel — 'scout'
- Morpek — 'mission' / 'assignment' / 'goal'
- Morsec — 'prepare for doing'
- Nepesh — 'breath'
- Ok — 'I' / 'am'
- Shol — 'received'
- Svelli — 'planet' / 'world'
- Tal — 'confirmed'
- Ta'a — 'please confirm
- Tal'rum — 'confirm your status
- Tallatok – 'sending' / 'to be received'
- Togh — 'watcher'
- A-te — 'six'
- A-te'chet — 'twelve'
- A-chek — 'seventy-eight'
- Chek-at — 'eighty-six